Privacy notice- For Your Information
Who we are
For Your Information is a collaborative venture provided by Liz Taylor, Heather Jack and Frank Rankin.
- Liz Taylor, Tkm Consulting (Craigellachie) Limited, Craigellachie, Ratagan, Glenshiel. IV40 8HP
- Heather Jack, HJBS Limited, 3/2, 76 Albert Avenue, Glasgow G42 8RD
- Frank Rankin, sole trader, 11 Viaduct Road. Clarkston G76 8BN
Each of us are data controllers in our own right for the personal data we hold and use in our own business and joint data controllers for data processed collaboratively by For Your Information.
What personal data we process and why
We process personal data relating to clients, business contacts and attendees at training courses including:
- Name, telephone number, address, email address
- Correspondence and notes of discussions and meetings
- Bank account details for making payments to sole traders
- Records of attendance at training and performance in assessments
This personal data is used for the purposes of providing training and consultancy services, invoicing and keeping accounts, and marketing our services. This is carried out in support of our legitimate interests in running information governance training and consultancy businesses.
The data is held on the Microsoft Office 365 platform, on encrypted devices, and on the Quickfile online account platform.
We will normally retain records for a maximum of six years from the end of the current financial year before securely deleting them.
Your rights over your data
You have statutory rights relating to your own personal data:
- Access – you have the right to know what data we hold relating to you and why, and to receive a copy of it;
- Rectification – you have the right to have inaccurate information about you corrected;
- Objection – you have the right to object to us using your personal data, and we would have to stop unless we have a sound overriding reason to continue;
- Erasure, restriction and portability – in specific circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data deleted, to put limits on how it may be used or to receive a copy in machine-readable form to take to another organisation;
- There are also specific legal rights relating to automated decision making but we do not have any such processes.
For more information on your rights under the GDPR see https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
To exercise any of these rights or for more information, please contact us at the contact details above.
If you believe that we have failed to manage your personal data appropriately, you have the right to complain to the statutory regulator – The Information Commissioner’s Office. You can telephone them on 0303 123 113 or you can use their online tool for reporting concerns: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Or you can write to them at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF